Spring 2007. Changes :)
2 days at the beach in Ostia, outside Rome. Get there on the Metro!
The Vesuvius with Chelsea and Ashley and the hairpin road to get there.
Vegetables every other day, fresh.
Rain falling onto Vida Cavour as I lay on my bed and watched.
Intense tomato paste for cooking from a tooth paste like tube.
Kati always writing, writing, writing.
Love, hate, make up.
2 days at the beach in Ostia, outside Rome. Get there on the Metro!
The Vesuvius with Chelsea and Ashley and the hairpin road to get there.
Vegetables every other day, fresh.
Rain falling onto Vida Cavour as I lay on my bed and watched.
Intense tomato paste for cooking from a tooth paste like tube.
Kati always writing, writing, writing.
Love, hate, make up.
Men calling me a Greek Goddess as I walked Plaka, Athens in white sandals and a short black dress. The ones with really bad english shouted “You’re a Greek God!”
Kisses on dance floors in Italian clubs.
Mimo drove a Mercedes like a maniac/Italian in Napoli, with cheesy techno music.
I bought minutes for my phone in italy, in a coffee and aperetivo bar. Only men there, they flirted with the girl who had walked in. She wore a pink sweater, tall brown boots and a turquoise head scarf.
I successfully broke two IPods on this trip.
Mimo drove a Mercedes like a maniac/Italian in Napoli, with cheesy techno music.
I bought minutes for my phone in italy, in a coffee and aperetivo bar. Only men there, they flirted with the girl who had walked in. She wore a pink sweater, tall brown boots and a turquoise head scarf.
I successfully broke two IPods on this trip.
A pub for st. Patty’s day. Gorgeous photos thence. Steve McVicker and I became friends. We played a game of 20 questions, my topic was Deep Sea Rocks.
Our washing machine once spilled out over the entire wooden kitchen floor when Kati opened it and didn’t know it was full.
Caipininhas became the drink of choice on this trip. Cachaca, Raw Sugar, Limes, Ice! Soooo good. I'll make you one.
Many, many nights out dancing and Benji always shouting “crazy Bettina!”. I really dont wanna be a boy...
So many cigarettes smoked.
Kati and I cooking dinner for Benji and Justin at their house by Termini. Kati called it girly, light food, the boys laughed and said “this is not light!”. Benji introduced us to coke and cheap wine that night. Not a bad mix. And then an hours long discussion ensued.
Justin always brought us chocolate. Chocolate and roses on Valentines Day. For all 24 girls!
I walked through Salzburg and found another purpose for my already purposeful life.
Cinque Terre has the best home made white wine, pesto pizza and mini apartments where you make food for friends. Sean, S, Benji, Lucy, Donna... more i think.
Our washing machine once spilled out over the entire wooden kitchen floor when Kati opened it and didn’t know it was full.
Caipininhas became the drink of choice on this trip. Cachaca, Raw Sugar, Limes, Ice! Soooo good. I'll make you one.
Many, many nights out dancing and Benji always shouting “crazy Bettina!”. I really dont wanna be a boy...
So many cigarettes smoked.
Kati and I cooking dinner for Benji and Justin at their house by Termini. Kati called it girly, light food, the boys laughed and said “this is not light!”. Benji introduced us to coke and cheap wine that night. Not a bad mix. And then an hours long discussion ensued.
Justin always brought us chocolate. Chocolate and roses on Valentines Day. For all 24 girls!
I walked through Salzburg and found another purpose for my already purposeful life.
Cinque Terre has the best home made white wine, pesto pizza and mini apartments where you make food for friends. Sean, S, Benji, Lucy, Donna... more i think.
Met a sweetheart boy from Wisconsin on a rooftop in Athens, at a bar and watched the sunset over the Acropolis. We talked the whole time, two hours?
I took 2700 photos on this trip :) the best memories.
As I write I listen to the Cranberries.
As I write I listen to the Cranberries.
I drove Vanessa’s little green manual Golf all over the german countryside. I could live with that car. It's fun :)
I haven’t touched a car in five months. Except for chauffeurs and taxis and friends cars. I have not driven.
Now I have strep throat again. And its raining and my tee has honey in it. It’s lovely.
Street artisans are all over Italy and they always sell the same things, fake prada handbags and handpainted beauties.
I walked with Papu.
I am my Grandfathers Daughter.
I learned many deeper meanings. In life and otherwise.
Italian men are not cute.
I remember the Augustiner Brauhaus with Trav, Spence, Nanna and me.
I disliked Athens - too dirty! Kosta and I talked about this as he threw his empty cigarette box on the sidewalk. I quickly came to appreciate the dirtiness when I came to Frankfurt.
With dirt seems to come pulsating life.
I haven’t touched a car in five months. Except for chauffeurs and taxis and friends cars. I have not driven.
Now I have strep throat again. And its raining and my tee has honey in it. It’s lovely.
Street artisans are all over Italy and they always sell the same things, fake prada handbags and handpainted beauties.
I walked with Papu.
I am my Grandfathers Daughter.
I learned many deeper meanings. In life and otherwise.
Italian men are not cute.
I remember the Augustiner Brauhaus with Trav, Spence, Nanna and me.
I disliked Athens - too dirty! Kosta and I talked about this as he threw his empty cigarette box on the sidewalk. I quickly came to appreciate the dirtiness when I came to Frankfurt.
With dirt seems to come pulsating life.
I have not often regretted what I didn’t say, but I have often regretted what I did.
We became extremely possessive of Florence. It was our city and our club scene. All those tourists should leave.
A greek island called Hydra crystallized everything. Mama and I now have an amazing relationship
The Greek boys told me “You are Greek!” So many times until I finally said “Yes, I am part Greek.” because Mama had grown up there. I conceded. Realizing vaguely that they just wanted me to be one of them.
I drove through Athens at night listening to old Greek folk tunes, singing loudly, in a little two door ricer. I love ricers. Forget Audis :)
I went to Starbucks three days in a row in Athens, i had finally found one. They dont exist in Italy, they don't need to.
You walk everywhere in Florence.
I have lived in Ikea. My apartment looked like it had fallen out of the magazine.
While waking up, I dropped my phone in my tea one morning. How ironic.
The best sea food is in Amalfi.
We became extremely possessive of Florence. It was our city and our club scene. All those tourists should leave.
A greek island called Hydra crystallized everything. Mama and I now have an amazing relationship
The Greek boys told me “You are Greek!” So many times until I finally said “Yes, I am part Greek.” because Mama had grown up there. I conceded. Realizing vaguely that they just wanted me to be one of them.
I drove through Athens at night listening to old Greek folk tunes, singing loudly, in a little two door ricer. I love ricers. Forget Audis :)
I went to Starbucks three days in a row in Athens, i had finally found one. They dont exist in Italy, they don't need to.
You walk everywhere in Florence.
I have lived in Ikea. My apartment looked like it had fallen out of the magazine.
While waking up, I dropped my phone in my tea one morning. How ironic.
The best sea food is in Amalfi.
Fly with grace. Love god while you fly. He loves you.
In my time here, I have had my first cardio ultrasound, ekg and 14 consecutive blood tests. My health did not stick with me.
In my time here, I have had my first cardio ultrasound, ekg and 14 consecutive blood tests. My health did not stick with me.




Yes girl take it easy...SUFI!
ReplyDelete